Making a great First Impression –
Students will have learned how to present themselves in any situation
- Learn how to make eye contact
- Shake hands
- Dress for success
- How to open and participate in meaningful conversations
Self Esteem –
Upon completion of this lesson, students will be able to discuss how self esteem is the key to integrating all aspects of motivation. They will also understand how self esteem affects the way they view their lives.
- identify some of the events that lead them to feel positive about themselves
- recognize the impact of positive and negative thinking in their lives
- recognize the difference between positive and negative “brain chatter”.
Goal Setting and Achievement –
An important part of motivation is having clear goals that you want to achieve. In this session students will consider their long and short term goals as we develop a strategy to accomplish them.
- describe their long term goals using the “SMART” goal system
- Identify 3 short term goals they must reach in order to achieve their long term goals
- Develop steps for achieving goals
- Develop strategies for overcoming obstacles to an important long term goal
Active Listening –
The key to any success in life is listening. Here, we teach students to identify the basic communication needs of various types of audiences they will be interacting with on a day to day basis.
- Identify themselves in various different roles
- Identify the needs of common audiences (friends, teachers, adults, parents)
- Listening to what isn’t said
Defining Ethics – Personal and Professional –
This session brings the ability to recognize and examine ethical dilemmas
- Recognize ethical dilemmas and the implications of their outcomes
- Examine those ethical dilemmas and apply the “Ethics Check” questions to their resolutions
Decision Making –
Upon completion of this session, students will learn how to make well thought out decisions that have a good chance of bringing them satisfying results.
- List steps in an effective decision making model
- Apply the decision making steps to a choice they currently are facing in life
Building a resume –
Students will be given resume outlines and will learn:
- How to target professions of their choice
- How to emphasize their strengths
- How to identify their skill sets
- How to submit resumes for jobs and follow up
Successful job applications and interviewing –
Upon completion of this session students will be able to demonstrate skills necessary to market themselves as self-confident and capable of doing the job. They will learn four major techniques of the interview process:
- First Contact w company
- Face to face introduction
- Close of interview
- Follow up
“Knowledge is Power” This session will offer students the concept that positive thinking creates positive results. Students will learn:
- How to transform knowledge into energy
- Energy into Action
- Action into abundance of health, wealth, freedom and hope
- How to utilize affirmations
Service – Community and Self –
Once we see the glass as “half full”, we realize that “giving back” brings a wealth of goodness to our lives. When you help others, it puts us on the path of Service. This course suggests ideas and ways for teenagers to get involved with their communities and utilize their skills to “pay it forward”.